FROM THE DOT:
Construction is underway on a number highways in Dane Co & the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Southwest Region encourages Badger football fans to plan ahead if traveling to Camp Randall for Saturday’s 11 a.m. kick-off.
Most notably, the Madison Beltline (US 12/18) and Verona Road (US 18/151) are under construction. Beltline work will be halted five hours before and after the game, but orange barrels, temporary lanes, ramp closures and reduced speeds combined with game day traffic will cause delays.
WisDOT strongly recommends motorists allow themselves additional time to reach their destination. Alternate routes in Madison will likely have delays due to game traffic and local construction projects as well.
Motorists are encouraged to remain alert and plan on exercising patience as they drive through the area.
State highway projects in the greater Madison area include:
US 12/18 (Beltline)
- Lane shifts in both directions between Middleton and I-39/90
- NB Hwy 14 ramp to westbound Beltline is OPEN.
- Old Sauk Road ramp to eastbound Beltline is CLOSED.
- Greenway Boulevard ramp to westbound Beltline is CLOSED.
US 18/151 (Verona Road)
- All traffic shifted on the new northbound lanes just south of the Beltline
- Two lanes open in each direction; reduced speeds
I-39/90, south of the US 12/18 (Beltline) interchange
- Lane shifts and reduced speeds
WIS 19, Waunakee
- Main Street (WIS19) closed to through traffic and detoured
- WIS 19/WIS 113/Century Avenue intersection closed to through traffic and detoured
The City of Madison is asking motorists to avoid East Johnson Street after the game. One lane of traffic is maintained between N. Butler and N. Baldwin. Exiting game traffic is expected to see severe delays.
Travelers are encouraged to use alternate routes or to stay after the game to allow heavy traffic to clear.