The month of April is National Distracted Driving Awareness Month. Here’s a few interesting and scary facts about distracted driving…
– In Wisconsin, 71 people were killed last year in crashes involving distracted drivers.
– Your eyes are off the road for an average of 5 seconds when you text and drive – at 55 mph, in those five seconds, you will travel the length of a football field.
– There were more than 22,000 crashes in Wisconsin last year involving at least one distracted driver.
– In addition to the 71 people killed in those crashes, nearly 10,000 were injured.
– Texting while driving is illegal in Wisconsin.
– Drivers with an instructional permit or probationary license are prohibited from using cell phones while driving.