- The lower layer of asphalt pavement will be put down on the south side of E. Johnson St between Butler and Paterson. The southern lane and median will be paved on Johnson Street at the Baldwin St intersection.
- Sanitary sewer laterals and water services will continue being installed between Paterson and Few St.
- Crews will also begin sanitary sewer laterals, water services, and storm sewer on the north side of E. Johnson between Hamilton and Blair St.
- New sidewalk between Butler St and Paterson St on the south side of E. Johnson will be completed.
- Temporary pavement markings will be done to switch traffic to the new pavement on the south side of E. Johnson Street between Butler and Paterson St.
- Private utility contractors for MG&E will continue to work on new utility poles between Paterson and Brearly Streets. Contractors will also begin installing the joint trench for utilities on the north side of E. Johnson between Hamilton and Hancock Streets.
*Traffic Pattern Changes beginning Monday, August 11*
E. Johnson St traffic will remain reduced to one lane through the entire project.
Beginning Monday afternoon, August 11, E. Johnson St traffic will be switched to the newly constructed south half of E. Johnson St and will shift back to the north side of E. Johnson before Paterson Street.
E. Gorham Street will remain reduced to one lane through the N. Baldwin St. intersection.
Also on Monday, WB traffic will be shifted to the south half of E. Johnson/Gorham St.
N. Hamilton St will remain reduced to one way (SB) only traffic between E. Johnson St and Webster St.
Planned Intersection Closures:
N. Butler Street south of E. Johnson Street (long term closure)
N. Franklin Street north of E. Johnson Street (Wednesday, August 13)
N. Blair Street north of E. Johnson Street (Thursday, August 13)
N. Livingston Street north of E. Johnson Street (long term closure)
N. Livingston Street south of E. Johnson will be re-opened to E. Johnson Street beginning TODAY.
N. Baldwin Street south of E. Johnson Street is open to Johnson Street, but remains closed to cross traffic.
N. Baldwin Street north of E. Johnson Street will be closed between Elizabeth Street and E. Johnson Street.
Work is slated to be done for the winter in early November. Work will resume in the spring with a final completion date of May/June 2015.