On Friday morning (Dec. 19), maintenance crews will complete an initial routine inspection of the new Verona Road (US 18/151) bridges over the frontage road system, just south of the Atticus Way intersection.
What does this mean to you?
- Starting at 8:15 a.m. Friday, the roundabout portion of the frontage road system will be CLOSED to vehicles until 12:45 p.m. Friday.
- NOTE: There will be no impacts to Verona Road traffic, only the frontage roads.
- For everyone’s safety, frontage road traffic will NOT be allowed to travel under Verona Road using the roundabout. The sidewalks will remain open for pedestrians and bicyclists.
- Access will remain open to area businesses and neighborhoods.
- Motorists are advised to use alternate routes, including the Freeport Connection (see map).
- Madison Metro bus routes may change slightly. View their routes/schedules.
This work is weather dependent, and may be postponed to Monday, December 22.