The potential for significant delays on Verona Rd exists for tomorrow morning’s commute.
A major traffic shuffle will take place tonight.
FROM THE DOT:
The Verona Road (US 18/151) traffic switch will start at 8 p.m. tonight (July 16).
By late Thursday morning (July 17), all Verona Road traffic will be shifted to the new northbound lanes, between the Beltline and Raymond Road.
To safely and efficiently complete this overnight switch, periodic turn restrictions will also take place:
- Where: To/from Verona Road in this work zone
- When: 8 p.m. tonight (July 16) until 10 a.m. tomorrow (July 17)
- Alternate routes are encouraged during these hours.
Backups and delays are likely on Verona Road, especially during peak travel times, as motorists adjust to this new traffic pattern.
- Two lanes remain open to traffic (in each direction) on Verona Road in this work zone.
- Access remains open to area businesses and neighborhoods during construction.
- The public should continue to patronize area businesses in the work zone.
- Follow the signs and pavement markings to reach your destination.
- Be patient, plan ahead and drive with caution through the work zones.
Stay connected with the Verona Road Project website and Like us on Facebook.
For more information, contact: